Welcome to the Wiki page for the Red Cross Youth Conference 2009 that will take place at the Marriot Yorkville from Oct 23-25! You can use this page to share your ideas, thoughts and opinions about various components about the conference.
Currently, the schedule is
Keynote (to inspire) 7-8 Get to know each other activity 8-9:30
Red Cross game 9-10 (i.e. scavenger hunt)
Workshop #1 10:15-11:15
Workshop #2 11:30-12:30
Lunch and keynote speaker 12:30-2 Madeline
Workshop #3 2:15-3:15
Workshop #4 3:30-4:30 Dinner plus entertainment 7-9
Workshop #5 9:45-10:45
Panel 11-12 Lunch and farewell 12-1:30
We'd really like your ideas and feedback on the following aspects of the conference:
1. Which topics would you like to see in a keynote speaker? (i.e. international humanitarian law, Red Cross overseas, infectious diseases, etc).
2. Which workshops would you like to see at the conference? (What has worked well for you in the past? What hasn't?)
3. Do you know of a good get to know you activity for the Friday night? (~100 attendees) What have you seen/done that has worked before? What hasn't?
4. What sort of entertainment you/you'd think will work well for the Saturday night?
5. What sort of gifts should keynote speakers receive?
6. What should conference attendees receive in their conference materials?
7. What do you like to see in the conference?
Conference Planning Team 2009
Feel free to send us an email at redcrossyouthconference2009 AT gmail dot com